Planning, Programming, Budgeting & Execution (PPBE) Training
Immersion offers customized PPBE training to government and contractor personnel. Our training program provides detailed review and demonstration of processes, procedures and exhibits used during the budget formulation, presentation and execution phases. Our training experts have over 70 years of combined DoD and DON level experience in Military Personnel, Operation and Maintenance, Procurement, R&D (including Science and Technology, Test and Evaluation), Military Construction, Contingency Operations and Navy Working Capital Fund. We provide practice exercises and discussion of real-time budget challenges that attendees experience. In addition, attendees are provided access to our SharePoint Learning Management System (SPLMS). SPMS is an e-learning site for advanced analytics, refresh training, and sample desk guides on a variety of topics.
- Course Overview
- Core Competency Support
- Course Length & Cost
This Course is for Military, Civilian and contract professionals, in the Department of Defense (DoD) supporting PPBE. It is targeted to the financial management community particularly those who support Department of the Navy programs. Our training provides in-depth description of exhibits used during the budget formulation, presentation and execution phases of the budget process. Topics include:
- Roles and relationships of the building blocks of the Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) process
- Understand the Federal Budget Process and 'Power of the Purse'
- Develop budget estimates, write effective narrative justification
- Understand how program prices are determined, and how changes in acquisition strategy, schedule, technology and affordability impact your program
- Develop alternatives to emergent funding issues that occur during budget execution
- Understand the relationship and differences between Programming and Budgeting – What is the 'Blue-Green split'? What is the Nemfakos assumption?
- Budget Analysts
- Financial Analysts
- Budget and Financial Manager's
- Program Managers, Auditors
- Nonprofit Think Tank Analysts
Course length is one or three days, targeted to address the development needs of 'trainee to journeyman' level budget, financial and program analysts. Customized training (half day to one day) is also available to accommodate the focused needs of managers at all levels.
Contact us for pricing information. Discounts are available for groups of ten or more. Other flexible pricing options are available if conducted offsite.